We teach students across many grade levels, in many cases every student in the school! Most of us are solitary music islands surrounded by a sea teeming with language arts, math, science and social studies teachers.
Have you ever thought. . .
- I have a great lesson idea, but I don't have time to create the visuals.
- I don't have much of a budget for music resources.
- I could make some cute manipulatives, but I just don't have the time.
- I'd like to teach some jazz, but I don't have time to gather resources.
- I need some quick, complete lesson ideas because I have to do (name your extra thing) this week.
Familiar? You are in the right place!My name is Sally Utley, and I love using my tech skills to create time-saving resources for busy music teachers like you. In my 30+ years as a music educator, I have never had much of a budget, and time is always at a premium. My goal is to share lessons and experiences to help you be the amazing music teacher that you are.
In my Teachers Pay Teachers store, I have products that you can use to motivate your students, please your administration, make your own life a little easier, and remain true to our purpose of training young musicians.
Want to know a little more about me?
- Bachelor of Music Education at Oklahoma State University,
- Masters of Music Education at the University of South Carolina.
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Music Learning Theory Elementary General Level I
- Music Learning Theory Early Childhood Level I
- Music Learning Theory Instrumental
- Orff Level I
- District Lead Elementary Music Teacher
- I was a French horn player in high school & college, and was a twirler in the marching band.
- My first job was teaching junior high band and high school color guard.
- My husband (a drummer) and I have two great kids, and both of them played in the band. It was a great time when we could get the family band together and play in church!
Additional Social Media Connections